HIV Medical Transportation is the provision of nonemergency transportation that enables HIV patients to access core medical and support services.
Ryan White Transportation is a medical transportation service for people living with HIV/AIDS who need help getting to and from appointments pertaining to their health and well-being.
What kind of appointments can I use Ryan White Transportation for?
Qualifying appointments include:
- Mental Health (licensed provider)
- Substance Abuse Treatment (Not including Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous)
- Treatment Adherence Services
- Legal Services (Not including probation/parole)
- Case/Care Management
- Entitlements/DDS/Social Services
- Housing Appointments (not including apartment searches)
- Nutrition Education Program and groceries stores to obtain food
- Health Client Advisory Board Meetings
What is included in the program?
- MTA Bus Passes
- Gas Cards
- Ride Share (Uber, Lyft)
Who may receive Transportation Services?
You must be a case-managed patient at Sunshine Family Cares, live in Michigan, and have an income below 500% of the poverty level.
What if I have Medicaid?
Please use transportation provided by Medicaid. If you cannot use the Medicaid transportation, contact the case manager at Sunshine Family Cares.
How can I access?
Contact your case manager at Medicaid. If you need further assistance, contact the case manager at Sunshine Family Cares.
What if I have upcoming appointments?
Set up your ride through Medicaid at least three days before your appointment.
Please give your case manager at least three days' notice to coordinate your transportation.
- Unallowable uses of Medical Transportation include receiving direct cash for transportation, personal vehicle expenses such as tires, repairs, insurance, loan or lease payments, registration fees or license, and any other personal vehicle expenses.