The Michigan Dental Program (MDP) is a comprehensive federally funded dental access program for people living with HIV/AIDS, funded under the Ryan White CARE Act. The program is a partnership between the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services and Delta Dental of Michigan.
A Michigan Dental Program application form is available on the MDP website accessible through michigan.gov/oral health. Link Here:Michigan HIV Dental Program
Michigan Dental Program (a program for HIV+ persons only)
The Michigan Dental Program (MDP) covers dental care for persons living with HIV/AIDS who qualify for the program.
- Applicant must provide documentation of HIV disease.
- Applicant must be a resident of the state of Michigan.
- Applicant's gross income cannot exceed 500 percent of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL). Income is evaluated based on the current FPL guidelines when the completed application is received.Federal Poverty Level Guidelines
- In most cases, applicant must apply for public assistance (Medicaid and/or Healthy Michigan Plan) with the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) within the past 90 days and have a pending, denial, or spend-down status.
- Applicants currently receiving benefits from Medicaid and/or Healthy Michigan Plan do qualify for the Michigan Dental Program for dental care.
- In all cases, the Michigan Dental Program is payer of last resort.
- Note: If you pay for private dental insurance through an employer, a spouse, or the Affordable Care Act, you are Not eligible for the Michigan Dental Program.
What Assistance is Available?
Covered dental services are based on pre-approved care plans and include both preventive and restorative care. For more information, click the MDP Brochure link below.
- Michigan Dental Program Brochure (English)
- Folleto del programa dental de Michigan (Español)
- Kutayib barnamaj mishighan litibi al'asnan (erbiun)
How Do I Get Started?
- Case Managers/Support Coordinators may help applicants through the application process. Completed applications will be reviewed for acceptance or denial.
- Approved applicants will receive a letter from MDHHS along with a dental benefits handbook. Delta Dental membership cards will be mailed directly from Delta Dental to new members only.
Applications and Instructions (English)
- DCH-3923, Michigan Dental Program Application
- MDP 6 Month Verification
- MDHHS-5452, Michigan Dental Program Enrollment Instructions
- MDHHS-5422, Combined Declarations
Aplicaciones e instrucciones (Español)
- DCH-3923-SP, Solicitud anual del programa dental de Michigan (Español)
- Verificación de 6 meses de MDP
- MDHHS-5452-SP, Instrucciones de inscripción al programa dental de Michigan (Español)
- MDHHS-5422, Declaraciones combinadas (Español)
- Manual de beneficios dentales de MDP (Español)
Enrolled Member Support Information
- MDP Dental Benefits Handbook
- Delta Dental Member Portal
- Portal para miembros de Delta Dental - español
Attn: Oral Health Program
Bureau of Family Health Services
Division of Child and Adolescent Health
Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
109 Michigan Ave., 5th Floor
Lansing, MI 48913
Phone: 844-648-3384 (toll-free)